Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Relaxing in His grace

Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Psalms 100: 4-5






These verses really spoke to me earlier this week,  and how appropriate with tomorrow being Thanksgiving. I saw this verse in a new light.

The word Enter  and Come before Him especially got my attention. I will admit I still struggle with a performance mentality, feeling I need "do". I've grown a lot in this area but it seems to raise its ugly head from time to time. 


So really all I need to DO is simply go before God, praise Him, look for ways to be thankful throughout my day and...Relax!!  

I thought about writing a big post on thankfulness and feeling that I should have something grand to share with it being Thanksgiving and all, but once again I was trying to perform and do.


So here it is, short and sweet. This Thanksgiving I will be thanking Him and recognizing all the ways he has blessed me and my family. 




"Give Thanks" cuff available through Leather Creations (message me for details)



May you all be blessed with a relaxing Thanksgiving, embracing the simple fact that you are loved! 


Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment