Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bat-sching-ers

Sometimes ya just gotta let the "To do list" go! 


And make bat-sching-ers. 

I'm not sure what they are really called but this what we call them. 



I must admit I felt a little frustrated when Rogan woke up after a 1 hour nap. (This is from a kid who still takes 3 hour naps most days) 
All I could think of was the list of things I still needed to do uninterrupted.

My agenda.

His eyes lit up when I reminded him that we still had to make bat-sching-ers. 
(We saw them in Bi Mart earlier and figured I could surely figure out a way to make them) 



It's amazing how much joy came from making these silly things. 

To stop what I was doing and enter into a world where cardboard and paint was a great adventure. 




They were barely dry before they were assisting batman in slaying bad guys in the backyard.

I would've missed out on a great blessing if I stayed with my agenda. 

Back to my list, making applesauce, dinner, laundry... I feel mostly accomplished from getting paint on my fingers. 

Thanks to my almost 4 year old for bat-sching-ers! 

P.S.  Before you start thinking we are the Brady Bunch, let me assure you we also had a couple trips to the corner for attitude adjustments in between play time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment