Thursday, March 6, 2014

On my way

It all feels surreal that the trip to Guatemala is finally here. For the past eight years our church has led a team and every year I have known someone that has gone. Just about every time they left I would say, "I wish I was going with them. Someday,  I want to go". Now, here it is.

Back in September Mike and I decided to take steps toward going, having no idea how all the details would come together. And now, here we are in March and I look back to see that God made it happen, he paved the way.

I am honored to get to know the other 13 people on our team (and I'm sure quite well after 10 days traveling together), for the privilege of sharing God's love with the people in Guatemala, and to experience God's filling and work in my life.

I anticipate so much with all the stories I hear from my friends who have gone, and I'm just so ready to be on that plane. My prayer has been that God prepares my heart for whatever work he wants to do in me. Because really, the change He wants to work in me is just as important as what we do for others in Guatemala.

So next weeks post will be coming at you live from Guatemala. I am writing this one a little early, because Friday I will be on a plane or an airport or taking in the first sights and sounds of Guatemala. And I'm sure if I try and write anything it won't make a bit of sense after a red eye flight and all the distractions.



So, today I spent the day taking a few extra deep breaths and soaked up every moment with this little man. One thing I know for sure is, I'm going to miss my three boys something fierce! (husband, kid and dog)

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support.
As well as a special thank you to Mike and my amazing friends for holding down the fort and watching the kiddo to make this trip possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment