Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine Treat

My husband (being my #1 encourage-er) tells me that what he appreciates most about my writing is that it comes from my heart. I guess you could say that's my signature, heart felt writing usually from a place of pain or challenge. 

Yet, another very big part of my life is FOOD! Yes, I have made it my mission to find healthy, "friendly" recipes that fit into my crazy food intolerant life. I love to cook and bake and refuse to let my food sensitives stop me. Instead it has taught me about new ingredients and creative ways to have treats, as I like to call them, "friendly treats". 

Chocolate and Valentine's Day seem to go hand in hand, so today I will share this little concoction I made up... 
Enjoy! 


Paleo Valentine Kisses

1/2 c Almond butter
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Trader Joe's)
1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1 TBS chia seeds
1 TBS cashew meal (any nut meal would also work)
1 TBS coconut oil (melted)
1 TBS pure vanilla extract
8-10 drops Nu Natural Stevia (I have the vanilla flavor and love it) 
1/2 c freeze dried raspberries (no sugar added) 

Combine all ingredients except raspberries until smooth, you can throw it all in the food processor or just mix by hand. After everything is mixed in, carefully mix in the raspberries. Scoop out with a teaspoon. I like to leave them in little dome shapes, but you could also roll them into balls. 
Freeze till set. Store in refrigerator or freezer. 
Excuse this terrible picture... I won't claim to be a photographer ;) 


Happy Valentine's day and thanks for reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment